- Do you know someone with Dyspraxia?
- Are you aware the condition exists?
Thousands of children, teenagers and adults have to cope with it every day of their life including me.
what is Dyspraxia i hear you say and how does it affect you
What is Dyspraxia?
from the dyspraxia foundation
"Dyspraxia is generally recognized to be an impairment or immaturity of the organization of movement. Associated with this may be problems of language, perception and thought. Other names for dyspraxic include Clumsy Child Syndrome; Developmental Co-ordination Disorder (DCD); Minimal Brain Dysfunction: Motor learning Difficulty; and Pereceptuo-motor Dysfunction."
how does it affect someone:-
- i have sometimes have problems with coordinate and balance (while at school i had problems catching a ball and learning to tie my shoe laces or tie took a long time. i also use to trip over my own feet alot)
- I have some of the problems common to Dyslexia e.g. spelling
- i sometimes i am unaware i am a 3d object and also can not tell if someone is behind me wanting to get past me
- sometimes i am overly sensitive to loud music and can not block other people conversations out of my head
- i also have very bad sort term memory (when i put something down i lose it, i have to write everything down)
for more information check out
famous people with Dyspraxia
Ernest Hemingway, The Brontë sisters, Daniel Radcliffe and Jack Kerouac